Best BB creams for Acne Prone Skin (Top 6 reviews)
Are you wondering what are the best bb creams for acne prone skin? Beauty Balms, or more commonly known as BB creams, have become quite popular in the cosmetics and beauty industry today. Some women have this product as a staple in their makeup kits.
The reason why women shifted to using BB creams is that they can get the coverage that they want at a shorter time. In addition, since most BB creams act as a moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation, you will no longer need to spend on three types of products.
Most women opt to use BB creams because these creams already act as their foundation and makeup base. The best BB creams for acne prone skin should have the capacity to blend well in your skin. This means that your BB cream should look as if you are not wearing anything. A BB cream that causes a “cakey” look or produces streaks is a big no-no.
BB cream users swear by no longer needing to use moisturizers and foundation once they have found the right bb cream for their skin type. For people who have acne prone skin, it is important to find the best bb creams for acne prone skin.
Another challenge in finding the best bb creams for acne prone skin is with the shade that they come in. Most bb creams only come in one to three shades that may not work well with your skin tone. This is why it is important to test out a BB cream before purchasing to avoid looking unnatural.
Since people have different skin types, one product that works well with one may work differently with another. The key to finding the right BB cream is by knowing what your skin needs.
Most BB creams do not contain SPF and acne-fighting ingredients in one single product or cream. This is why you should identify if you would like to have a BB cream that helps prevent acne or a BB cream that will protect you from the sun.
To help you identify which BB cream you should use, here are the top six best BB creams for acne prone skin in the market today:
1. Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream Skin Clearing Perfector
This BB cream claims to not just hide blemishes but also fight and clear acne. The Maybeline New York Dream Pure BB Cream can also minimize the appearance of pores and smoothen the skin for a better and even look. This BB cream claims to adjust to your skin tone so you will not have an unnatural look.
The 2% salicylic ingredient in this cream is said to effectively reduce acne blemishes and prevent acne from coming back. The lightweight feel of the cream will not cause an unnatural look once applied, perfect for makeup base.
- Effective in hiding acne and pimple
- Great for creating a smooth and even look
- Can last all day even when makeup is applied
- Reduces redness
- Has a lightweight feel when applied
- Can become “cakey” if applied incorrectly
- Needs a good brush or wet sponge for application
2. La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur Instant Oil-Absorbing Coverage BB cream
The La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur is effective for hiding acne blemishes and hiding large pores. It claims to absorb oil and shine, making it great for people who have oily skin. The ingredients in this BB cream won’t clog pores that can cause acne and pimple breakouts.
The Airlicium ingredient in this BB cream is what makes it effective in absorbing oil and shine. This BB cream also has Perlite which helps in absorbing sweat.
- Great for people with oily skin
- Has a matte finish when applied
- Has a lightweight feel when applied
- Evens out skin and hides blemishes
- Does not create messy lines
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Has a yellow undertone that may not match other skin tones
3. Aveeno Facial Moisturizers Clear Complexion BB Cream
This BB cream is a moisturizer and cream that effectively hides blemishes and skin discoloration. Other BB creams often have a shiny look when applied but this cream applies like a regular lotion. Its light ingredients will not clog pores while the soy ingredient help lighten spots.
The Aveeno Facial Moisturizers Clear Complexion BB Cream is also great for people who have sensitive skin since it is non-comedogenic. It has a high SPF 30 that can be great for people who are often exposed to the sun.
- Non-comedogenic and recommended by dermatologists
- Oil free and hypoallergenic
- Great for people who have sensitive skin
- Conceals blemishes and evens out skin tone
- Absorbed by the skin quickly
- Moisturizes the skin
- Soy ingredients help lighten spots
- Has a high SPF of 30
- Not for people who have
- Has an orange tone that may not match very fair-skinned individuals
- Can be a little greasy during application
4. Tarte BB tinted treatment 12 hour primer
This BB cream claims to last for 12 hours and is great as a makeup base. It has a matte finish which is great for those who have oily skin. This cream won’t cake over even when you use a light powder to set it.
It has a SPF of 30 that can provide great sun protection for those who are often exposed to the rays of the sun. The Tarte BB tinted treatment won’t come off even when you sweat.
- Lasts for 12 hours even when exposed to sun and sweat
- Has SPF 30 which provides great sun protection
- Matte finish is great for oily skin
- Non-greasy and lightweight
- Great for used during the summer season
- Can be used as underneath makeup
- Needs to be used with moisturizer for those who have dry skin
- Can be a shade darker for those who have very fair skin
5. Dr. Jart Waterfuse Beauty Balm SPF 25
The Dr. Jart Waterfuse Beauty Balm has a unique water bead technology that helps hydrate and moisturize the skin. This BB cream provides a dewy fresh look when applied. It has SPF 25 that provides protection from sun exposure.
This BB cream focuses on hydrating and moisturizing the skin while hiding skin blemishes. Great for individuals who experience skin dehydration and skin imperfections.
- Great for dehydrated or oily skin
- Can be used on sensitive skin
- Hides acne redness
- Moisturizes and hydrates skin
- Has a dewy fresh look
- Comes in only one shade
- Not heavy enough to cover all blemishes and skin imperfections
- Can be a little ‘shiny” when applied
- Must be applied on dry skin to avoid streaks
- Has a dry texture which can be hard to apply and blend on skin
6. SkinActive Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream
The Garnier SkinActive Miracle Ckin Perfector BB Cream claims to provide you with the best coverage for your skin. It has oil-absorbing mineral perlite that helps absorb oil and sweat. This means that you will not have to worry about looking unnatural. The Garnier BB cream is great for individuals who have oily ski.
This BB cream has SPF 20 that helps protect the skin against the harmful rays of the sun. Since it moisturizes the skin, it can also work as a moisturizer and a makeup base. This means that you will no longer have to use multiple products on your morning routine. Another claim of this BB cream is that it can lessen skin imperfections and improve skin texture in just 4 weeks.
- Controls shine with its oil-absorbing perlite ingredient
- Helps minimize oil production
- Minimizes the appearance of large pores
- Moisturizes the skin
- Has SPF 20 that works as a sunscreen
- Works as a makeup base and foundation
- Evens out skin tone and hides imperfections
- Improves skin texture in 4 weeks
- Shade may not blend well for those who have darker skin
- Can cause some drying
- Will not cover inflamed pimples and acne wholly
After discussing the six best BB creams for acne prone skin in the market today, you may be wondering which one is the best. In all honesty, the answer may differ depending on you and your skin type. one product may work wonders for one woman but may fail to produce the same results for another.
The Aveeno BB cream is great for individuals who have acne prone skin and suffer from skin blemishes. Its active soy ingredient help lighten spots while covering your skin blemishes for a smoother look.
On the other hand, women who have acne prone skin but experience skin dryness and flaking can opt to use Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB cream. This cream is infused with hydrating ingredients that can help moisturize and hydrate your skin even while wearing makeup.
Women who have oily skin can choose the La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB cream because of its capacity to absorb oil and sweat. This bb cream is meant to prevent the oily look in women while still providing you with a flawless look.
Also, trying out these BB creams in department stores and boutiques won’t hurt since you will know how they will look on you before buying. Doing this will prevent you from wasting money on a bb cream that won’t work well.
All in all, these six best BB creams for acne prone skin can be perfect for women who experience acne and have acne blemishes. The key is to finding the best BB creams for acne prone skin is by knowing your skin type and identify the ingredients of each cream.
These 6 best BB creams for acne prone skin will help you get a smooth and flawless looking skin. You can use these creams as a makeup base and foundation that will provide you with good coverage and well-toned skin.